HotSnapZ On The Today Show - Video
Reusable Heat Packs? How Do They Work?
Our Top Selling Items
Reactivated in Boiling Water
Boiling water reverses the chemistry inside & stores the heat for later use.
Use them now or a year from now.
Fast Instant Heat in a Snap
Instant Robust heat reaches internal temperature of 120-130F. Self-regulating.
No waiting for the heat .
30 day Return Policy and Lifetime Product Warranty. We stand behind our products and customers.
Selling Online since 2003.
Impress Your Friends & Family
Once you show someone how your HotSnapZ work, you'll understand. Buy with Confidence
HotSnapZ have the WOW factor!
How do Reusable Hand Warmers Work?
HotSnapZ store heat energy for later use.
Based on a SAFE reversible chemical reaction.
Safe, reusable, non-toxic & non-burning.
To Activate: Flex the internal 'Clicker' back & forth until crystals begin to form. Enjoy the Warmth & Comfort of HotSnapZ!
To Recharge/Reactivate: Place the crystallized HotSnapZ heat pack into boiling water. Boil until ALL Crystals are dissolved.(Approx. 5-12 min.) Remove & allow to cool. HotSnapZ are then ready to use again
Uses for HotSnapZ
Hand Warmers, Massage Therapy, Hunting, Fishing, Hiking & Camping, Lower Back Heat Therapy, SCUBA Diving Heat, Outdoor & Sporting Events, Emergency Preparedness, Science Lab Instruction, Providing Warmth & Comfort
Chiropractors, Science Teachers,
Optometrists, Medical Doctors, Physical Therapists & EMTs Massage
Therapists, Hunters, Seniors, Parents of Athletes, Campers, & More
Why buying HotSnapZ® makes you a better person?
It happens all the time, HotSnapZ have a WOW effect when you first use them that will cause you to share their warmth, comfort and happiness with all your family, friends and coworkers. It's okay, it happens to all of us.
Who doesn't want a bit more warmth, comfort and happiness in their lives? Besides that, their re-usability and instant heat are features you won't find in using traditional disposable hand warmers.
How hot does a HotSnapZ heat pack get?
The chemistry inside HotSnapZ is a safe and self-regulating reaction.
The maximum internal temperature reaches 128-130F and typically
115-120F at the surface during normal use.
The temperatures that HotSnapZ operate at are considered to be non-burning when used as directed.
What is inside a HotSnapZ pack and how does it work?
• HotSnapZ reusable hand warmers and heating pads contain water, a small metal disc and sodium acetate, a safe food grade salt ingredient.
• When first boiled the mixture inside the pouch is heated to completely dissolve the sodium acetate in the water. This makes the contents clear and liquid.
• After cooling, the sodium acetate remains dissolved producing a solution that is supersaturated.
• The heat energy required to dissolve the sodium acetate icrystals still remains in the system even after the temperature has dropped. Think of them as a Heat Battery!
• The clicking of a disk within the pad triggers the formation of
the sodium acetate crystals. As the crystals form, the heat energy is released.
• The release of energy raises the temperature to a maximum
temperature of 130F (54C). The process is theoretically repeatable indefinitely. HotSnapZ are a sodium acetate hand warmer.
How are HotSnapZ reusable?
•HotSnapZ® operate like a rechargeable heat battery. Once the heat has been exhausted, simply drop your HotSnapZ™ heat pad in gently boiling water for 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the product.
• The heat from the boiling water reverses the chemical reaction
inside your HotSnapZ. The crystals will return the liquid form, storing heat inside the product for later use.
• Once cooled to room temperature, HotSnapZ® are ready to used again.
The stored heat energy inside your HotSnapZ does not decrease over time. Activate your HotSnapZ today or 2+ years from now and the energy will be released
How many uses can I expect to get?
• In theory, the number of times that a HotSnapZ can reused is infinite. However, the consequences of real life usually take their toll on HotSnapZ at some point via wear & tear, being torn, stepped on, forgotten in the boiling pan or having one of your friends walk off with them.
We expect the average user to expect 200-300+ uses if properly used and stored.
• Please note: For long-term storage, it is important to reactivate and store HotSnapZ products in the liquid ready-to-go state.
How long does the heat last?
• Heat duration depends on the product's size, how the product is used, & how well the product is insulated during use.
• We rate our heat times on the average expected use by our customers, so no inflated numbers here at HotSnapZ. Our larger Rectangles, Neck and Shoulder products are rated at 2+ hours of heat. Our green Pocket Warmers at 50-60 minutes each and 30-40 minutes for our 4" Round Hand Warmers and Heart Hand Warmers.
• Since HotSnapZ are Reusable, extended heat times are achieved by having some extra ones in reserve! Remember....HotSnapZ are REUSABLE! This is why our Buy One Get One Free sets are so popular.
Making the heat last?
• First, it is very important to think of HotSnapZ as a reusable heat battery. After activating your HotSnapZ, heat performance is dependent on how this energy is managed during use.
• Second, keep cold air away from the hand warmer and heat pad. For outdoor users, we recommend that your HotSnapZ are stored in an inside coat pocket until they are ready to be used. You will find this significantly improves performance for outdoor activity. If your HotSnapZ starts at a cold temperature, a good amount of the released heat energy is reabsorbed back into the product to first warms itself up before providing heat to the user.
• Third, keep the pack insulated. Use an insulated pouch, muff, covers, etc. This will make a big difference by preventing heat energy being lost to the cold air.
How is "HotSnapZ" pronounced?
• 'Hot-Snaps'. We get a lot of people that will say "HotSnap-Zee" which is fine with us too.
Do HotSnapZ come with a Lifetime Warranty?
Yes. Your HotSnapZ products come with a 30 Day Full warranty and covered, thereafter, with our HotSnapZ lifetime warranty.
For more detailed information on our warranty please visit our Warranty page.
Can HotSnapZ be reactivated in the Microwave?
Yes, by very carefully following our microwave instructions and video here, your HotSnapZ can be reactivated in the Microwave.
**We do not warranty damaged caused microwaving.
Are the contents of HotSnapZ safe?
• Yes. The contents of each HotSnapZ are Safe, Non-Toxic and Non-Hazardous. (Water and Sodium Acetate)
The sodium acetate salt used in HotSnapZ is used for many industrial uses, including: Food flavoring for salt and vinegar potato chips, IV bag solutions for hospital patients, deicing of bridges, a safe food preservative and more.
Coloring of HotSnapZ products incorporates safe food grade water colors.
HotSnapZ pouch material is a Phthalate and heavy metal free flexible PVC film.
Are HotSnapZ environmentally friendly?
You bet they are!
Because HotSnapZ are REUSABLE, you will be sending fewer of those metal filled disposable hand warmers to the land-fill.
How should HotSnapZ be stored?
• To ensure longevity of your HotSnapz hand warmers and heating pads it is recommended to reactivate them as soon as feasible and to store them in the liquid state for long term storage.
Why is my HotSnapZ hardening after boiling??
• Should your HotSnapZ harden after rboiling, this only indicates that the boiling time was not sufficient and needs to be extended. FYI.... the crystals will only start to form once the product cools down to 140-150F if they were not reactivated long enough.
• Easy fix.....simply reboil until all signs of crystals are gone and leave the products in the heated water for one to two minutes longer. Slightly longer boiling times will not affect the product or their performance.
Can HotSnapZ sodium acetate hand warmers be used in water?
• Yes, they can! We have many customers who use HotSnapZ for scuba diving and snorkeling. Unlike the disposable kind that are typically sold in sporting goods stores, HotSnapZ will continue to work, even in water!
Standing Behind our Proudct and Customers with our Lifetime Warranty Support